Why Our Pub is Great
The Gunpowder Mill is named after Faversham's historic explosives industry. The first gunpowder plant in the UK was established nearby in the 16th century and the original watermills served to grind down charcoal, saltpetre, sulphur and other ingredients. Production continued well into the 20th century with Faversham gunpowder used at epic battles including Trafalgar and Waterloo.
Thankfully these days we’re cooking up far more appetising fare here at our mill, with flame-roasted rotisserie chicken being our main focus. We only source the finest, Red Tractor farm assured birds, hand seasoned and cooked fresh-to-order to the perfect combination of juicy and crispy – people often tell us it’s the best chicken they’ve ever tasted!
Our menu offers something for everyone, with tried and trusted favourites along with lighter options and vegetarian dishes.
Behind the bar you’ll find our famous Marston's ales, wines from across the globe, continental lagers, and premium spirits. For something extra special we have a cocktail menu. And of course, we also serve a full range of soft drinks including tea, coffee, and hot chocolate.
With ample parking, a pretty beer garden and children’s play area, The Gunpowder Mill is the perfect place to meet family, friends, and business contacts. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus